The Future of Silocraft

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Silonix, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Silonix

Silonix Bedrock Level Owner

Dear Players,

I know that recently I have not been active on the server, but having irl responsibilities, very little personal time and full time work to pay for the rent, living expenses and the server takes basically all my time from the day. I'm very grateful to my brother Simas who took over a very important role to run and improve the server while I was gone. And no, I have not forgotten my lovely staff members who have been working hard and lovely players who have been behaving very nicely :p

I am very sad to announce that the end of Silocraft might be near. For over a year our playerbase and donations have been declining. First month after EULA changes our donations dropped by 80% and it just kept on getting worse. I was at the point where I had to start putting my own money into the server just to keep it alive. 2017 was the worst year, we basically got enough money within 8 months in donations to keep the server running for a single day. The rest of it had to be paid from my own pocket.

The server's host expires on July 28th and i'm not able to afford to pay for it anymore. I will be shutting down all the minecraft servers before that happens to backup them up and download all the files.

I started the first server back in 2011, it feels like it was just yesterday. Very few people played back then, but everyone was really close and friendly. I remember sitting at school during classes thinking of cool new ideas for the server, eager to come back home and start working on new things. I was spending a good 5-10 hours a day on the server for years! It was great, I really enjoyed having my own small community, I really enjoyed talking and playing with people from all over the world for hours, finding new friends, but the part that inspired me was seeing happy players enjoying the server and giving warm feedback! I was able to find a very old video from the 3rd or 4th server version
    The server kept slowly growing until it was made into Silocraft (I had a very bad time thinking of a good name for a server's name, but I ended up using a part of my ign Silonix). The first server of Silocraft was a PvP server:

It had a big city of plots and a huge mall! That server kept growing really fast, especially after one popular youtuber visited the server (at like 4am my time someone started spam calling my skype to come on the server while I was asleep) and did an event on our parkour map. Hundreds of players flooded it, I remember looking at the console being spammed with "the server can't keep up" and the cpu temps going hella high xD

After that a lot of staff members were recruited to moderate the players, new servers were added, website and so on!

I'm just rambling at this point, but to sum it up - Silocraft has come a very long way, I have enjoyed very much of it and it's just too hard for me to let go of something I treasure so much. I've met some amazing people, amazing friends here.

I do not have an exact date yet, but after a lot of thinking I decided to give Silocraft another chance. I will use my own money again to buy a cheaper host to run it for a month or two and try to invest as much time as I physically can to see if I can revive the server and keep the legacy going. I hope that everything can go back to good old days of Silocraft and if enough support will be given from players we will be able to keep the legacy going!

Thank you all.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  2. Benny the Panda

Benny the Panda Redstone Level Sponsor

Silocraft was a great server and will surly be missed if not revived.
    Thanks Benas for alowing us to play on your server and for your and simas hard work on this server.

• Like Like x 2
  3. luxb

luxb Bedrock Level Admin

I have met so many amazing people here, I'll surely never forget the memories we've all made together :h: I really hope it can be revived one day, but I also understand the situation .Thank you Benas, for keeping it up for as long as you could ;-;

• Like Like x 3
  4. Silonix

Silonix Bedrock Level Owner

It's not just us. All of our staff members have been working hard for years! :X3:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Painfuljiggles

Painfuljiggles Bedrock Level

It is sad to watch the server slowly die this way. It has seen much better days, but I stuck through this because I made such close friendships with people from all over the world. This was the first Minecraft server I have ever played on and I have been playing since 2012. I have seen a lot of people come and a lot of people go and its sad even if I didn't like those people I still miss them because they were a part of this community. I have had my fair share in trolling and making people mad, but I regret nothing because it was were I fit in the community. I love this server and it will always hold a special place in my heart. I don't know what kind of person I would be if I hadn't have logged on that day. I couldn't imagine my life without all the friends I made on here. I will never forget when Alan would threaten to ban me for tping to him constantly or messing around with Kim trying to get him mad. Special thanks to the Admins and the Mods for running this server I know I gave you guys a rough time I apologize. I had a lot of fun on this server thank you Benas for creating a community that I could call home. I would go as far to say that this was my second family.

If anyone wishes to contact me you can reach me on Skype: Doubledreamhands1

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Benny the Panda

I never fully understood EULA because it meant people couldn't make money out of servers even though they had to pay what they got from it to the host. But yea.

7. HeyItsBlade

HeyItsBlade Bedrock Level Moderator

I've been on the server since almost it's start. I've seen it rise, then slow down, then rise, and so on. I've made friendships that will last me a lifetime. Silo craft has connected me with people whom I consider to be my closest, best friends, though we're separated by oceans and miles of land. I'm hopeful that we'll find a way to keep it going, but I'm truly sad that it's had to come to this. Thank you Benas for all you've done for us and for the server. It has honestly changed my life for the better and I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't decided to join.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Painfuljiggles

The paraphrasing xD jk ily

• Like Like x 1
  9. Libbibeth

Libbibeth Bedrock Level

I have so many fond memories of this server T_T It's so sad to see it having drifted away: the highlight would have to be getting people together to partisipate in the 'Royals' parody I created. Everyone was so eager and excited to join in.

l

• Like Like x 2
  10. krillen18

krillen18 Emerald Level Trainee

Rip my fav server through all I've been through and all that has happened to this server I wish I was here for more time and wish I wasn't so salty and sour at some members I love every single one of you because this community made me feel at home and even though some of y'all made me mad I still loved it because I got some attention I wish I could help save this server in any way. But yea I miss you all...

-Krillen18

• Like Like x 2
  11. Painfuljiggles

You my boy Krillstar

• Like Like x 2
  12. Princess0903

Princess0903 Obsidian Level

Silocraft has been my favourite server for a few years now and it is really sad to see it go, I have made so many friends on this server and I can't wait for it to be up and running again if it does. I will miss allll of you and all of the memories I made on this server if it's not revived. Thanks Benas and Simas and all the staff. Ly all :h:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Wimpykid1010

Wimpykid1010 Emerald Level

silocraft was my first server and it was my faveroute. when i first joined it was just another server and i was just another player and after a while i left. but i got bored of mini game servers and seing my brother still playing decided to rejoin. i played alot on survival until it died down and then i joined creative thats when i found my people i became part of the community and i went from survival noob to creative scrub so benas thank you for all the memories for all the friends if silocraft dosent live on i will always remember it. thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. 619swo

619swo Diamond Level

I'd be incredibly sad if the servers went down. I first joined in 2012 and had made many great memories. I know I haven't exactly been the most active player but I still love the community. However I do understand if silocraft can't make it and I'd duly like to thank you and the staff and I truly appreciate all the friends and fun I've had and made.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TakenSol

TakenSol Diamond Level

I remember having a great time on this server, the people here were probably the nicest ones I have met online and I will forever remember this server for being a way to escape some personal problems I had at the time.
    It is really sad to see this server going down, and I truly hope it can be revived.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Benny the Panda

I know i have already have wrote 2 things about silo but here comes another one.

I first join silo in 2016 1 month after I got this minecraft, I was very shy when I first started and I didn't think I would find any friends on there. One day a roleplay was opened and I decided to go. That is where I met my first few friends, and it is sad to say after 2 months my best friend on there left for good. However, I ended up meeting my good friends on there such as Princess, Wimpy and many more. I started to feel welcomed, and I still remember the day where I bought my first rank. And I remember trying to get to Amethyst and reaching it. As discord wasn't there then Princess messaged Simas on skype and for that I thank her and i wouldn't be amethyst for as long as i was. Since then i have made many friends and i will always remember silocraft if not re-opened again, it'll always have a special place in my heart. I don't think I would be here writing this if I hadn't joined silo that day and found new friends. Ever since I joined silocraft I've almost been on everyday for the past year and 4 months. I can still remember how close I was getting to sponsor rank. Silo also helped me get over the death of one of my family members 1 week before I started school, even though I never told anyone all my friends on there made me feel better.

Anyway, thank you to all the admins, mods and trainee's for making silocraft how it is today.
    And special thanks to Benas to open it to us, and Simas to take over while you paid for it and for making it what it was now. I love you all.

-Ben xxx :h:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  17. Tedatkitten

Tedatkitten Bedrock Level

Silocraft was the first server I really joined, back then it was so lively and there was so many people that I got to meet that I still love and cherish today. I was told by my parents and friends that I shouldn't waste my money donating on this server but donating was probably the best thing I ever did. Over the 2-3 years, many people we know started leaving the server, basically everyone left and I was heartbroken, I kept trying to come on and visit but I honestly gave up at one point. I wouldn't be the person I am now if I hadn't met everyone. I've always had trouble making friends but I always felt that I fit in with everyone on here, everyone made me feel like I mattered. Silocraft means so much to me and I'll be sad if it ends for good, so if you do ever start it up again, I'm sure I won't be the only happy about it. If anyone wants to reach me, my Skype is tedakitten, snapchat is b.t199, Instagram is b.t19 and if you want my number you can message me privately about that. I only talk to 3 people from that server now so I really hope some add me. It's been great meeting everyone :) I won't forget you and I love you :h: :'(

18. Tedatkitten

Tedatkitten Bedrock Level

And to Benas, thank you for creating one of the best things that's ever happened to me. I'm really glad I found This server . The silocraft community will always be my family and in my heart

19. rawlboy

rawlboy Bedrock Level Admin

I joined silocraft about 4 years ago, silocraft was my first ever server. I had received the IP from a friend at school and I'm glad I joined. I have met many good friends in silocraft, some I would even consider as family. Silocraft has thought me many things (it definitely improved my spelling). I think the most unique part of silocraft is the community, unlike most servers, the silocraft community is for the most part, friendly. The community, who all know eachother, is what makes silocraft a great server. Thank you to Benas for all the hard work he has spent working on the server and thank you to Simas for helping with that recently.

Long live silocraft..

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wimpykid1010

Wimpykid1010 Emerald Level

wow i think i remember that